Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Day 6

Last day before weigh in..yikes! I'm not sure how I will do. For the most part, I did my best. There were a couple of areas that I could improve on for the upcoming weeks.

Yesterday I sauteed some shrimps in a french brandy sauce. So, okay, I think brandy is probably not the best thing to have when you are on atkins. It is very strong, but also sweet. I used 3TB in my sauce, but it was amazing! I loved it. I chopped up onions, tomatoes, parsley and added the brandy, chicken broth, and tomato paste. It was really good. My husband made a side of rice. I think he is getting into this cooking thing too!

One of the problems I noticed I am having is my afternoon snack. I seem to get hungry, but have no real options. Maybe I need to think larger than just "snack". Maybe I should think of it as a mini meal because I am snacking on cubed cheese and it's just not the best idea. I think I am eating too much cheese as a result. I have some low carb shakes in my fridge, so maybe I will try that today. Not sure if that will satisfy me, but we will see. I could also opt for a portion of tuna salad or some boiled eggs.

Just found out that after my ski vacation this weekend, I have to travel to the West Coast for 4 days. Basically, I won't be home all week. I am not sure if I will be able to keep up with the blog, but I will definitely post when I get back. At least I will be able to weigh in tomorrow.

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment