Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Days 4 and 5

Whew! It has been a busy few days! I have been sticking to the diet, but yesterday I sort of slipped - I'll explain. I started a new job yesterday. It is the same type of job I have been doing for years, but a different company. For the most part, I travel for my job. But for the rest of the time, I am home-based. So I began my new job at home, but boy was it busy. I had so much training to do that my head totally spun! I am used to doing my job at home, at my own pace without having to complete time sheets. This new job requires time sheets so I was stressed! Also at my old job, I had the luxury of working whatever hours I set for myself. This position is 8:30 to 5:30 when I am at home. The problem with that is when I travel, sometimes I work 12 hour days. My old job allowed me to cut my time short at home to make up for these differences. This job - not so much. So, needless to say I was stressed and as a result I DRANK the wine while I cooked with it last night. Ugh! I made a simple chicken dish with a red wine/cream sauce, but boy did I drink that wine! I had about 12oz! I felt miserable about it later because even though I allow myself certain things that are not on induction, this was a little overboard. Anyway, I am moving on and hoping to improve. I probably should have found a better way to relieve my stress. I probably need to start working out. Maybe next week I will come up with some activity plan.

This weekend went pretty well. I made Beouf Bourguignon stew and it was fantastic. There was a bit of wine in that as well, so I am not sure if I would make that a regular meal, but it was tasty. I had leftovers, but decided to allow my hubby to take them since I wasn't sure about the carbs. I also made another quiche just for me, for the week. I am eating that for breakfast or lunch. On Saturday, my husband and I made some fillet Mignon with sauteed mushrooms. That was great and so much cheaper than eating out!

I am getting a little anxious for this weekend though. We are going up to our cabin in NC and skiing with some friends. The good news - our cabin has a kitchen so I can make whatever meals I like. The bad news - the friends like to eat carb filled foods. Of course, none of them have weight problems so they will look at me like I have 5 heads when I tell them that I don't eat bread. I have to plan ahead and ultimately, deal with the crazy looks. But hey, if they are friends, they should understand, right? To top that off, the last time I went skiing I was a size 10, so none of my ski pants fit!!! Even though my husband is like my best friend, I was still embarrassed to tell him that none of my pants fit-and I had to try his on! It's times like this when I get soooo mad at myself for gaining so much weight. Why couldn't the light bulb gone off, say 20lbs ago???? Oh well, chin up! Just a few more days until weigh-in!

No comments:

Post a Comment