Thursday, February 25, 2010

The Atkins Challenge: Why am I doing this?

I decided that I am going to challenge myself. I have started and stopped the Atkins diet too many times to count. But, here's the deal. I turn 30 in exactly 6 weeks. I am having a huge party with old friends that I haven't seen in awhile. The truth is that I have gained a TON of weight and am really embarrassed to see them all. See, about 2 years ago I lost about 85lbs, went to my high school reunion and looked fabulous. I started with a calorie counting program and then finished with Atkins. But, I couldn't keep the weight off. Rather quickly, I gained about 35-30lbs. I hovered there for a bit and then gained another 20lbs. Then came the holidays and whamo, another 10lbs. So depressing! My mom always told me to get my weight in check by the time I was 30 because of metabolism or something. So I always had this deadline, but I was so young, it didn't matter. Now it does. So here I am, about to engage in an Atkins Challenge. To stick with the diet for at least 6 weeks, in good times and bad. Starting this blog will commit me to the challenge. I am hoping it will have the same affect that Julie Powell's blog had on her...a sense of determination to see it to the end. Except, hers was a year and mine is only 6 weeks. For those of you don't know, Julie Powell wrote the Julie/Julia project and it is now a great movie.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment