Friday, February 26, 2010

Day 2

I didn't want to do it, but I woke up this morning and weighed myself. I was curious to see how my first day went. Yes, it's probably water weight, but who really cares, right? A loss is a loss! So I am down 1.8lbs! Very very good for the first day back. I won't go into detail about the meal plan for yesterday, but I will say that I made Bacon Chicken Roulade with a red wine reduction for dinner and it was great. My husband loved it too. At first I thought it would be time consuming, but it wasn't that bad.

Here is the recipe I used:

http://simplyrecipes.com/recipes/chicken_bacon_roulades/

Instead of the white wine, I used a Chianti. I used to be completely hard core when it came to counting carbs, but then I realized that it wouldn't be the end of the world if you used a little bit of wine with dinner. I think 4oz has about 2 grams. The recipe also called for 1 TBSP of flour. That was a tough one, so I used just a sprinkle. My sauce came up a little thin, so maybe I might have to use the full tablespoon next time.

Anyway, pretty good for a first day back in Atkins land and I am happy to report no headache this time. Usually I get this horrible headache on the first day. I am looking forward to cooking my next meal. But first I need to figure out what it will be!

41 days to go!

2 comments:

  1. I started the same day you did! I found this yesterday. Perfect timimg! I am with you on not caring it if is water weight..is it a huge motivaor! Tara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tara! I am glad we can do this together! Dieting is so tough that it's good to have a buddy!

    ReplyDelete