Thursday, February 25, 2010

Week One: Day 1

Weight: 205lbs (eek!)
Body Fat: 41.3
Muscle: 47.1
Waist: 42

Okay, so today we start. I weighed myself and took my measurements. Awhile ago I purchased a Biggest Loser scale that tells me all of those nifty facts (except waist measurement). I also like it because it weighs you in .2lb increments. Even a loss of .2 can motivate you!

My send away meal yesterday? I only chose to eat poorly for dinner and we went to Pei Wei Asian Diner. I had mongolian beef (my favorite), brown rice, and girl scout cookies for dessert. I love those cookies. My husband just bought 8 boxes from his boss and now I have to find a way to hide them in pantry! The meal was great and loaded with carbs!

My goal of this blog is to keep myself motivated and responsible. I am not going to detail the exact meals I eat each day, but if something cool comes up food wise, I will be sure to report it. The biggest question is, how am I going to make this time different than the others? Here's my answer: I recently realized that a lot of fabulous, gourmet food is low in carbs. My husband is French and there are so many possibilities. What, with all that butter and cream they use! So, I figured, if I have to do this, why not make it interesting and try new things. So I will do my best to make food creative rather than eat salads all the time. However, I travel like a crazy person for my job, so that may pose a problem when on the road. In those cases, I will have to turn to the usual suspects, burgers without buns, salads, etc. But when I am home, watch out! I told my husband to mind his waist during this experiment. Maybe he will join me!

No comments:

Post a Comment